As explained on our Assessments overview page, there are several different assessments that are given periodically to our students to help the district modify curriculum and instruction, monitor student growth, determine goals for school improvement, and assist individual students in learning. These assessment scores are most meaningful when staff, parents and students understand what the assessment measures and what the scores mean. Use the information on these pages to learn more about the various assessments. If you have questions about this information ask your child's teacher, your school's principal or contact the Department of Learning Services at 920-822-6018 .
The district uses the following assessments. Click on the name of the assessment to learn more about the assessment and resulting scores. For information about the district assessment timeline, see the District Assessment Calendar.
- NWEA MAP
- Wisconsin Forward Exam
- Guided Reading Levels and Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark
- Scholastic Reading Inventory
- District Writing Assessment
- ACT Aspire (Grades 9 & 10)
- ACT: WorkKeys (Grade 11)
- ORIGO Stepping Stones Quarterly Assessments
- EIR Assessments (for students in K-2 receiving EIR services)
- AIMS Web
- PALS(Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening)
- District Math Fact Fluency (K-5)