In-District Elementary Transfer Application
The District acknowledges that unique circumstances may at times result in a request from a parent or guardian that a child be considered for enrollment in a school outside of their designated attendance area. The appropriateness of program and review of educational and behavioral records may be considered in rendering a decision regarding a request for a change in attendance. All transfers will be subject to any applicable enrollment caps and availability of space and resources at the school.
Requests for elementary school transfers within the Pulaski Community School District are accepted beginning February 1 for the upcoming school year. Submit requests to Dana Thibodeau at the District Office, 143 West Green Bay St, PO Box 36, Pulaski, WI 54162. Contact the Superintendent’s office at 920-822-6001 if you have any questions.
Application Window: February 1 - March 15
- Applications received during this window will be considered prior to the Open Enrollment Process (requests from outside the PCSD).
- Notification of acceptance or denial will be made by U.S. Mail no later than April 15th.
Additional Window: March 15 – May 1
- Applications received during this window will be considered at the same time as the Open Enrollment applications (requests from outside the PCSD).
- Notification of acceptance or denial will be made by U.S. Mail by the end of June.
Applications Received after May 1
- Applications received after May 1st will be considered after August registration.
- Notification of acceptance or denial will be made by U.S. Mail by the end of August.
If a student is allowed to attend a different elementary school other than the one in the attendance are they reside in, parents should not assume that siblings will also be allowed to attend that school. Class size is the major criteria and there may not be room in that grade level in the requested school.
The Pulaski Community School District does not provide transportation for families approved for an intra-district transfer.
If a student/parent changes his/her mind after an intra-district transfer request is granted, they must fill out the form again and it becomes the school district’s decision whether or not a student can attend their resident school. Both space availability and maintenance of balanced enrollment throughout the district will be used as criteria for review of applications.
Students who have moved out of a school’s attendance area during the school year and wish to continue to attend their current school should fill out the Family Move Notification form. This form should be filled out within two weeks of the move and apply for an intra-district elementary transfer during the application window for the following school year.