The district's program is systematic, sequential, clearly defined, and accountable. DPI licensed school counselors develop, implement, and assess all program components through collaboration with teachers, parents/guardians, administrators, students, and community/businesses. Curriculum delivery is a collaborative effort of all school staff. The school counseling program helps ensure equal opportunity for all students to participate fully in the educational process.
The school counselors facilitate student learning in three domains: Academic, Personal/Social, and Career
The mission of the Pulaski Community School District Counseling Program is to empower ALL students, regardless of individual differences, to acquire the academic, occupational, and personal/social foundations necessary to positively contribute to a changing society.
Our Counselors Believe
- that a community's and a nation's greatest resource is its people, especially the students of our schools
- students need to build assets to become healthy, confident, successful, and resilient learners
- students need to feel valued and valuable
- students need to feel safe and secure in their environment
- students need clear rules, consistent consequences and encouragement to do their best
- students need to learn and practice healthy outlets to express themselves
Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model
The Pulaski Community School District Counseling Program has been developed based upon the Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model and the American School Counseling Association National Standards.
For additional information please check out the websites below:
Education for Employment and Academic Career Plan - K-12 Plan
The information shared with the counselors at Pulaski Schools is confidential unless:
- it is harmful to self or others
- the student is a victim of abuse or neglect
- we are given the student's permission to speak to others about the information shared