Forensics is a competitive speech event. Students can pick from a variety of categories to enter and focus on informative speaking, current events, persuasive speaking, or dramatic interpretations of literature. There are events for individuals as well as groups. Some of the popular categories include: Play Acting, Moments in History, Storytelling, Poetry, and Group Interpretive Reading. The team then travels to festivals; including conference, sub-district, district and state; and several additional tournaments. Students can receive awards in their category, such as ribbons, plaques, medals and trophies. Students may also qualify for National level contests as well. Participants are required to meet with a coach weekly to practice their delivery and attend events. Forensics provides students with valuable life skills, improved public speaking, acting opportunities, team building, and lots of fun!
- 2014 - Pulaski Forensics Team attended all Wisconsin High School Forensic Association's (WHSFA) festival events and two tournaments in New London and Waupaca.
- Our team scored well and four students traveled to Madison in April 2014 to compete at State.
- Madison Vandenberg is competing in poetry with a selection of Holocaust poems, Alexandra Nassios is competing in Farrago with pieces centered on the theme of love and insanity
- Christian Gehri is competing in Prose with a powerful war piece entitled Ambush
- Mikayla Berg is competing in Storytelling with a selection of self-written stories.
- The team was fortunate to work with Hannah Kestly as assistant coach, a former Pulaski HS student