Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the Pulaski Community School District! We are proud to partner with our families and community members in the important journey of educating our students.
There are many ways in which you can make a difference in the lives of our students. Opportunities exist in the classrooms working directly with teachers and students, making copies, chaperoning field trips, supervising at recess or at lunch time, or helping out at a PTO function or extracurricular event.
All volunteers (Levels 1-3) are required to complete the volunteer handbook acknowledgement/liability form and for those volunteers who will work one-on-one with students, alone with students, accompany students on overnight activities, or who supervise students in an activity with limited oversight by school staff, will also need to pass a background check as required per Board Policy po8120.
We appreciate your willingness to help the Pulaski Community School District continue its tradition of providing a quality education for our students.
How to Become a Volunteer:
We are using a program called “Volunteer Tracker” for volunteer and chaperone opportunities. Please follow the steps below to sign up:
- Read the Volunteer Handbook
- Go to the Volunteer Tracker website.
- You will receive an email once you are approved (approvals are good for four (4) years).
- Watch your email for invites to volunteer/chaperone opportunities that match your interest.
Other information you need to know:
- Each volunteer should fill out this form once every four years per family, not per child.
- PCSD contracts with a third-party to conduct criminal background checks. Once the application is submitted, it takes abouts 48 hours for a return, that then needs to be reviewed by an authorized PCSD staff member. Last minute applications are often not able to be processed in time.
- If you ever need to update your contact information at any time, you can just sign in and update it so you don’t miss out on any opportunities.
- You will receive an email when the teachers have an opportunity for you to volunteer at or your background information needs to be updated.
- Employees who wish to perform duties in a volunteer capacity WILL need to complete an application via Volunteer Tracker. If an employee performs duties in an employee/paid capacity, an application is NOT required.
If you have questions about the handbook, Volunteer Tracker or criminal background check, please contact Dana Thibodeau in the Superintendent's Office at 920-822-6001.