- Due Date: April 30, 2014
- Amount: $1450
- Must be a child of an active WEAC member, active retired member or a person who died while holding active membership
- Must be planning to pursue an education major or minor and intending to be employed in the education profession
- Must rank in the top 25% or his/her graduating class or have achieved a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must show evidence of involvement in school and community activities
- First priority consideration is given to four criteria:
- Grade point average
- Applicant’s essay
- Letters of recommendation
- School and community activities
- Other criteria, including financial need, may be considered
- Submit by the due date, including a 300 word essay and two letters of recommendations (one from a classroom teacher and one from a community member), counselor/principal endorsement, and official transcript.
- Winners will be notified by WEAC
Four $1,450 awards. Each year one of the four scholarships shall be designated the Kathy Mann Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a minority student. In the event that no minority student applies or meets the criteria, the Kathy Mann Scholarship shall not be awarded. In its place a regular WEAC Scholarship will be awarded.
Application online at http://weac.org/member-benefits/weac-scholarships/ or application attached below.
For additional information, please call Michele Brisack at 800-362-8034 or by e-mail at email@example.com