One previously announced polling place for the Feb. 15 primary election has been changed.
The Pulaski Community Board of Education had voted Jan. 13 to have seven polling places for the Feb. 15 spring primary for Zone 1 instead of the usual 12 in anticipation of low voter turnout and to save money for both the school district and local municipalities. Polling places that were eliminated for this election only are those that had the lowest turnout in the most recent primary election.
However, since the town of Morgan has other primary elections, polling for that community will be at the Morgan Town Hall, 3276 County Road C, Oconto Falls, WI 54154. (It previously was announced as at Chase Town Hall.)
All district voters are eligible to vote in all races. The zones were put into place so each part of the district has representation on the board. Zone 1 candidates must live in the village of Pulaski. The top two vote-getters will advance to the April 5 spring election.
Polling places for the February 15 primary are:
• Angelica Town Hall - N3285 County Road C; Pulaski, WI 54162
o Municipalities: Towns of Angelica, Green Valley, Lessor and Maple Grove
• Chase Town Hall - 8481 County S; Sobieski, WI 54171
o Municipality: Town of Chase
• Morgan Town Hall - 3276 County Road C, Oconto Falls, WI 54154
o Municipality: Town of Morgan
• D2’s of Hobart - 530 Larsen Orchard Pkwy.; Hobart, WI 54155
o Municipalities: Village of Hobart and Town of Oneida
• Little Suamico Town Hall - 5964 County S; Sobieski, WI 54171
o Municipality: Town of Little Suamico
• Pittsfield Town Hall - 3041 Kunesh North Road, Pulaski, WI 54162
o Municipality: Town of Pittsfield
• Pulaski Village Hall - 585 E. Glenbrook Drive; Pulaski, WI 54162
o Municipality: Village of Pulaski
• Suamico Village Hall - 12781 Velp Ave.; Suamico, WI 54313
o Municipality: Village of Suamico
Candidates who filed papers to run in the Zone 1 election are Jackie Huisman, Matt Rowland, and Heidi Bukowiec.