SCHOOL CLOSING/EARLY DISMISSAL/LATE START INFORMATION
• Phone calls: No phones calls will be made to notify parents or students
• Emails: All parents and guardians will receive an email of a cancellation or delay, unless you have opted-out of weather alerts
• Text messages: If you have not signed up to receive alerts and would like to receive them, please sign up using the instructions listed below. Here are the steps:
• Log into Skyward Family Access
• Click on Skylert – located on left-side
• Click Edit
• Add any alternative email addresses and/or phone numbers where you would like alerts sent
• Check the boxes for each corresponding categories for all of your email addresses and phone numbers
• Click Save
Below are other ways school cancellations and delays will be published:
• District Facebook and Twitter page
• Local TV stations
• Local radio stations
• Local news websites
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
The winter months often bring weather changes which impact student transportation. Listed below is information related to inclement weather.
Many elementary students (Fairview, Hillcrest, Lannoye and Sunnyside) are picked up and dropped off by a bus that runs a middle school/high school route first. In this case, the second route bus may be running a bit behind schedule on days when the weather is bad.
Whenever roads require slow bus travel, please be aware that your children will be arriving home later than the usual time. It may be as much as a half-hour or more later. We ask that you be patient in dealing with this situation.
EARLY CHILDHOOD AND 4K (4 Year-Old Kindergarten)
1. When the district is canceled for the day, the early childhood and 4K programs are canceled.
2. The morning session of early childhood and 4K are canceled when there is a late start.
3. The afternoon session of early childhood and 4K are canceled when there is an early dismissal.
Should you have a need to contact the Transportation Department concerning a late bus they can be reached at 920-822-6040.