- Due Date: April 30, 2014
- Amount: Varies
All documents must be submitted to the PHS Counseling Office by 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 3 (we will deliver them), or turned in directly to the Scholarships, Inc. office by noon on Wednesday, April 4. Scholarships, Inc. will not make exceptions on that date and time.
- Students attending Pulaski High School are eligible to apply.
- This program is designed to provide financial assistance to high school graduates during their first year of college in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree. The student must attend a fully accredited college or university and must be a full-time student.
- All applicants must complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed through www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Student Aid Report (SAR) may be obtained online from the Department of Education as a result of the FAFSA filing. A copy of all pages of the SAR must be received at the Scholarships, Inc. office no later than 4:00 PM March 23. Do not send the FAFSA.
Awards are selected on the basis of:
- Financial need
- Academic excellence based on grade point average, a rigorous academic program and standardized testscores
- Extra-curricular activity participation, community service, and leadership
- Educational desires and goals
- Desirable personal character established through the recommendation of a person who is not a family member.
- The application form must be completed using the PDF format provided on the website. All application information must be typed. A complete application packet will contain the following documents: Application Form, Activity Sheet, Essays, References, Student Transcripts, SAR and Counselor Signature. It is the student’s responsibility to complete the packet and submit to Scholarships, Inc. office on or before the deadline.
- All information is held confidential. An anonymous screening committee will choose recipients.
- Semi-finalists will be contacted via mail by mid-June with a request for more information.
For complete details and an application go to http://www.scholarshipsinc.org