Advanced Learner Resources
Please remember that the LST Staff have a variety of books and articles of interest to parents of advanced learners. If you have a particular concern or area of special interest, please let us know and we will search out information for you.
- The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live With and Stick Up for Your Gifted Child. By Sally Yahnke Walker. Free Spirit Press.
- Keys to Parenting a Gifted Child. By Sylvia B. Rimm.
- Full Potential: A Guide for Parents of Bright Teens. By Delong & Howell – TAG books
- The Social and Emotional Development of Gifted Children. By Neihart, Reis, Robinson and Moon. Prufrock Press, Inc.
Recommended Magazines & Catalogs
- Free Spirit Publishing
- Creative Kids Magazine
- Gifted Child Today Magazine
- Imagine Magazine
- Cricket Magazine Family
- Mindware:Brainy Toys for
- Kids of All Ages
- Zanca: Resources for Creativity, Mind Stimulation & Giftedness
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction's Gifted and Talented Education Website
- Wisconsin Association for Talented and Gifted
- Wisconsin Council for Academically Talented Youth
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Center for Talent Development (CTD)
- Hoagies Gifted Education Pages
- World Council for Gifted and Talented Children
- Gifted Child Society
- Journal for the Education of the Gifted
- Gifted World