Coed Soccer (open to sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students):
Soccer begins the first week of school in the fall. It is our biggest athletic program in terms of number of participants. Typically, we have three sixth grade teams and three seventh/eighth grade teams with approximately 20 to 25 athletes per team. Our sixth grade teams play a seven game schedule, and our seventh/eighth grade teams play a nine game schedule. In addition, we host the “Kickfest” Tournament during the last weekend in September. We host sixteen teams in pool play competition. Additional information regarding our tournament is available by visiting the Kickfest webpage at http://www.pulaskischools.org/middle/pcms_kickfest.cfm.
• We have a “no cut” policy, which dictates that all athletes will make the team, and all athletes will play in each game.
• Playing time is fair, not necessarily equal. Factors that contribute to playing time include academics (“F-list”), work ethic at practice, ability to improve, hustle, and attitude.
• Our coaches “check their egos at the door.” We strive to ensure success for each athlete but do not necessarily equate success to wins and losses.
• We attempt to bring as many athletes to our high school programs as possible.
• We want the middle school athletic experience to be positive, and we want all of our kids to go out for the sport the next year.
• We attempt to coach, teach, and develop fundamental skills and concepts with all of our athletes.
Mr. Ted Sarosiek at email@example.com / 822-6512
7th/8th Grade Coaches:
Mr. Dave Bentz at firstname.lastname@example.org / 822-6872
Ms. Ashley Demo at email@example.com / 822-6830
Mr. Kare Goodness at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to participate in any athletic event or practice at PCMS, students must have a physical, Middle School Concussion Form and the Athletic Information Card on file – This physical will be used for the three-year duration at the Middle School. All athese forms are available on our Athletic Home Page: https://sites.google.com/a/pulaskischools.org/athletics/home/forms
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Matz, Associate Principal and Athletic/Activities Director, at 822-6520 or via email at email@example.com, or Kathy Kelsey, PCMS Secretary, at 822-6507 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.