Girls’ Basketball (open to seventh and eighth grade students):
Girls’ basketball is a late winter activity that normally begins the first school day after the winter break. All practices will be held in the PCMS main and auxiliary gyms, and all home games will be held in the main gym. The participants will be divided into three teams per grade level and will have a ten game schedule in the Brown County Middle School Athletic Conference.
• We have a “no cut” policy, which dictates that all athletes will make the team, and all athletes will play in each game.
• Playing time is fair, not necessarily equal. Factors that contribute to playing time include academics (“F-list”), work ethic at practice, ability to improve, hustle, and attitude.
• Our coaches “check their egos at the door.” We strive to ensure success for each athlete but do not necessarily equate success to wins and losses.
• We attempt to bring as many athletes to our high school programs as possible. • • We want the middle school athletic experience to be positive, and we want all of our kids to go out for the sport the next year.
• We attempt to coach, teach, and develop fundamental skills and concepts with all of our athletes.
Basketball - Girls' 7th Grade:
Mr. Paul Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org / 822-6568
Mr. Ted Sarosiek at email@example.com / 822-6512
Basketball - Girls' 8th Grade:
Mr. Tony Logue at firstname.lastname@example.org / 822-6652
Mr. Brian Morgan at email@example.com / 822-6535
In order to participate in any athletic event or practice at PCMS, students must have a physical on file – This physical will be used for the three-year duration at the Middle School. Students also need to complete the PCMS Athletic Information Card and the Concussion Management Sheet. All these forms are available on our Athletic Home Page https://sites.google.com/a/pulaskischools.org/athletics/home/forms
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Matz, Associate Principal and Athletic/Activities Director, at 822-6520 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathy Kelsey, PCMS Secretary, at 822-6507 or via email at email@example.com.