The Shawano County Land Conservation Department is again providing $100 scholarships for Shawano County youth (students entering grades 9-12 this fall) to attend WI Land+Water Conservation Camp this summer. I am asking for your help in getting the word out to area students about this opportunity. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is a few months away () and will be here before we know it. This is a good time to start making summer plans.
The annual WI Land+Water Conservation Camp will again be at North Lakeland Discovery Center (Manitowish Waters, WI) the week of . Conservation Camp provides students with:
- A positive educational outdoor experience
- Helps them better appreciate and understand nature
- Introduces a variety of opportunities in natural resources and conservation careers.
Campers engage in fun hands-on activities, learn about the outdoors and its inhabitants, make new friends, talk with natural resource professionals and learn new skills.
For Conservation Camp information, which includes:
- Link to Conservation Camp Registration and Brochure
- Shawano County-Camp Scholarship Notice
- Shawano County-Camp Scholarship Request Form
Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Thanks again for your time,
Scott M. Frank
Shawano County Land Conservation Department
311 N. Main Street- Courthouse
Shawano WI 54166-2145
Fax: (715) 526-6273