The Learning Services Department of the Pulaski Community School District is the hub for curriculum, assessment and instructional initiatives within the district. Working closely with principals and teachers, the department leads the vision for excellence in teaching and learning in Pulaski Schools.
Focusing on the success of each student, the department supports principals and teachers in answering the following four questions which drive teaching and learning in the Pulaski Community School District.
Pulaski Community School District - “Success for Each Student”
- What do we want our students to learn? (Guaranteed Curriculum / Learning Targets)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment System)
- What research based instructional practices will be used to ensure “high levels of learning” for all students? (Quality Instruction)
- How will we intervene if students are not learning or have mastered the content? (Access to Interventions and Enrichment)
The Department of Learning Services oversees:
- Curriculum development in all contents
- Literacy and literacy development in the content area
- Mathematics development
- Science instruction
- Assessment development and programming
- Advanced Learner education
- Professional learning for staff in curriculum, assessment, and instruction
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (Title IA and IIA Projects)
Learning Services Department
143 W Green Bay St.
Pulaski, WI 54162