Digital Learning Plan
The Pulaski Community School District values the impact technology has on learning today. Not only does it engage students and improve the rigor and relevance of learning in school but also prepares them with skills essential for success in life and career. With access to technology, students and teachers have at their fingertips vast access to information, resources, and a variety of media.
As a result, the Pulaski Community District began implementing iPads in our classrooms over 6 years ago with incremental increase in devices each year. Thanks to a lease opportunity for the 2016-17 school year, we are able to refresh the current iPads in our K-4 classrooms August of 2016 as well as provide an iPad for each student in grades 5-12, coming November 2016.
Highlights of the Digital Learning Plan:
- Grades K-3: Refresh of Class pack of 5 iPad Air 2's for shared access throughout the day
- Grade 4: Class pack of 10 iPad Air 2's for shared access throughout the day
- Grades 5: One iPad Air 2 for every student for school use; iPad travels with student to all classes but stays in school at end of the day
- Grades 6-10: One iPad Air 2 (gr 6-8) or iPad Air (gr 9-10) for every student for school and home use
- Grades 11-12: One iPad 2 for every student for school and home use; iPad can be purchased for a nominal fee at the end of the 2016-17 school year (a new iPad will be issued the following year for current Juniors)
- Instructional Staff: One iPad Mini for modeling, teaching, and testing
- Apps accessible on all devices that align to curriculum, provide educational value and allow for student productivity; all apps requested and approved before being available in store
- Cases provided for all devices
- All devices being lease and replaced after a 4 year term
- Insurance for damage and repairs offered by the District